I love to cook pork roast in my crock pot, in fact they are my favorite pork crock pot recipes. You can do a pork roast so many different ways in the crock pot depending on what flavors you and your family enjoy. You can do italian flavors, spanish flavors, you can do savory or sweet. This recipe is a sweet pork crock pot recipe that you will absolutely love.
Pork Crock Pot Roast
what you need:
1 boneless pork loin roast, 4 to 6 pounds
1 clove garlic, halved
salt and pepper
1 1/3 cups brown sugar, divided
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
what you do:
1. Wash off your pork roast, pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Poke holes in the roast with fork to create spaces for the rub to flavor the meat.
2. Combine 1 cup of brown sugar, mustard and vinegar in a bowl. Take rub mixture and rub all over your pork roast.
3. Cook the roast on low for 7-9 hours. When this time is up, pour off the excess liquid.
4. Combine remaining brown sugar and cinnamon. Then sprinkle the mixture over the roast.
5. Cook one more hour on low.
6. When the time is up take your roast out of the crock pot and slice into 1 inch slices, and serve.
This pork crock pot roast will delight your family, and is fancy enough for company. In fact, you could even use this recipe for a holiday dinner. Just remember the larger your roast the larger crock pot you will need. A large 6 or 7 quart crock pot is best for this pork crock pot roast recipe.